Some of my favourite people are Southerners. Several love to let me know how things are said and done down where folks really know what’s what. I received this today from Deborah Lindsay from Marietta, Georgia.
Some people have trouble with all those ‘shall’s’ and ‘shall not’s’ in the Ten Commandments. Folks just aren’t used to talking in those terms. So, in middle Tennessee they translated the ‘King James’ into ‘ Jackson County ‘ language….no joke (posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro , TN ).
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin’ before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin’
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin’
(7) No foolin’ around with another feller’s gal.
(8) Don’t take what ain’t yers
(9) No tellin’ tales or gossipin’
(10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff
Now that’s plain an’ simple. Y’all have a nice day now ya hear!